Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sanctity of Life

We had the most amazing service at church on Sunday. I was so happy to get to be a part of it. It was the Sanctity of Life Sunday nation wide. Basically what this means is that churches throughout the nation were addressing the atrocity of abortion. At our particular church, one person from each year 1973 on was asked to walk into the sanctuary carrying a rose to represent all babies that had been aborted for that year. I was representing 1982. Over 45 million babies have legally been aborted since 1973!!

My preacher was amazing when addressing this to the congregation. Suprisingly he said that 1 in 6 abortions are by women who claim to be born again Christians. What?!? I was so relieved to hear that he agreed with my beliefs in that life begins at conception and anything after that is murder!

The most amazing part of the sermon was his focus on God's grace and forgiveness. While this is an atrocity in God's eyes, he is faithful to forgive if someone has done it in the past. The emotional distress that it can cause can be unbearable. Only Jesus can take away that emotional distress from your life.

How precious he is!! How could we bear our lives without him? We can't!

Lord, thank you for loving me so much and taking away my burden!

No comments:

Post a Comment