Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book Review: Secure Daughters, Confident Sons

Secure daughters confident sons was a nice book that gave a lot of insight to why we should raise our sons and daughters differently. I really enjoyed the book. In modern times, people are often offended by these types of statements. I don’t base my life on modern times, though. I base my life on God. God created boys and girls differently. He guides them differently. We are different. I think that is important. I also feel that a man’s role is different in the family than a woman’s role. This was important to me. I want my children to grow to be strong men and women. I am not looking at only today when I am raising my children. I love that this book addresses these things. I was slightly disappointed in the lack of biblical referencing. I would have liked to see more of that. I want to raise my children biblically, not just on a whim. I think this book would have been even more powerful if it would have gone deeper into God’s word. Overall, I liked the book and it had a lot of good insights. This book was provided for me free of charge by Blogging for Books and Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group for my personal review. Other than this book, I am receiving no compensation. The views expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment