Sunday, November 14, 2010

New Beginnings

Everything is changing so quickly that it is hard for me to keep up my blog! We have a court hearing on December 20, and it is looking like these kids might finally get some closure. So I was asking my licensing worker the other day how long we had to wait after termination of parental rights to begin the adoption process. I was thinking that it was around 6 months, but I wasn't sure. She told me that the parents will have 30 days to appeal the termination. So on the 31st day we could begin the paperwork!! I couldn't believe it. The kids have to live with us for 6 months before we could actually adopt. Since Lacy moved in on October 29, that would be March 29. Basically, if everything goes as it should (and we all know how unpredictable court is!) we could be adopting these children in 6 months or so. Definitely within the year 2011. That will be a day to party!

But we have to get through the court hearing first. That is the first step that we need to face. I can't imagine a judge that would keep rights in place with what these parents are dealing with at this time!

Lord please be with us during this process. Help us to be patient and remember that your timing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment