Sunday, December 12, 2010

God's Amazing Timing

I am continuously amazed by God's perfect timing. For a couple of months, one of my preacher's wives has been trying to connect me with a friend of hers. She said we have similar stories and thought we should meet. I am not great with words, and never seem to say the right thing, so I was reluctant. But I knew God was telling me to go, so I obediently went. On the way, I just prayed that God use me however he deemed worthy. I would just follow his guidance.

When my new friend walked into Panera, I was immediately calmed and felt peace. She was so sweet, and there was absolutely nothing to be stressed about. We grabbed some dinner and had a wonderful chat. She began by telling me her amazing story of adoption through foster care. As it turned out, we work through the same agency, and know some of the same people. In fact, the first person that we met at LSSI was the first person she met at LSSI...amazing!!

She knew the heartache of thinking she was going to adopt a child and then have it fall through. I could relate to that because of losing our 3 children back in August. When she got her daughter, the goal was a 23, and our goals is a 23. The same birth parent issues were present with her situation as ours. The whole time she was talking I was just thinking about our situation and how similar they were.

Then I told her out story. I basically started at the beginning and told her all the drama up until now. I do not have the happy ending yet that she does, but it was just a reassurance to me that no matter what the road, God is in control.

That was obvious to me that night. God told me I needed to be there, and I did. He led Denise to bring the two of us together. He led me to Denise a couple of months ago to have a conversation that put the idea of getting the two of us together into her mind. Every little detail of our lives is already known by our amazing God. And yet, I am always blown away that he would care that much about ME! To put me in the right place at the right time.

I was so reassured and refreshed by this simple dinner at Panera's. My heart was warmed and it gave me the strength to get through this possibly long journey of hopeful adoption. Whatever the road, I know my God will carry me through!!

Lord thank you for caring enough about me to place wonderful people along my path!!

No comments:

Post a Comment