Saturday, October 16, 2010

Are Premonitions Reliable?

So many things have happened in the past couple of weeks with my extended family, my immediate family, and my personal career. We have started transitioning the boys' sister by doing visits and they have been going great. She seems to really know what our expectations are and she is starting to really fit in with our family.

About 3 and a half years ago, when we found out we were INFERTILE, we were devastated. My now father-in-law (we'll call him Craig), told us not to worry. He said that sometimes he gets vivid visions (he called them premonitions I believe). He told us that he saw a BLONDE little girl in our future. At the time we took little comfort in his words. When we got a placement about 6 months after that statement and it was 3 African American children we chuckled about his comment. When it looked like they were our forever family, we thought Craig made a mistake.

Then everything changed and pretty soon we had two Caucasian boys living with us and we found out they have a sister. Then we meet their sister and she is blonde. COINCIDENCE? Maybe. So now we know that pretty soon she is going to come to live with us and there is a decent chance that we will adopt her and her two brothers. So today we went to our nephew's first birthday party. We had a good time hanging out with family and then we left.

A couple of hours later I got a text message from Craig. He asked if I remembered his premonition and I told him that I did. He said that today when she was sitting on the floor it was the exact same pose that he had seen in his VISION. (OK now that is weird). He also said that in his vision he couldn't see her face because he was somewhat behind her, and that is how they were sitting today! I told him that he was giving me goosebumps. Then he said that she doesn't know it yet, but he and her are going to have a special bond one day. He can feel it! Wow! Maybe this is it...maybe this is our FOREVER family...maybe Craig was right all along...maybe we just needed to wait for God's perfect timing. We shall see!

Lord, thank you for knowing what is best for us when we have no idea what your perfect plan is! Thank you for telling us no when we are fighting so hard to hear a yes. Thank you for reminding me that you are in CONTROL of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment