Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This Crazy Roller Coaster We Call Life!

For the first time in my life, I feel like I have completely given EVERYTHING over to God. It is not easy. In fact, it is one of the hardest things in life to do. But when you do it the rewards are amazing!

Last Tuesday I got a phone call at work to do an interview at one of the brand new schools in our district. I was surprised, because it was for a position that I DIDN'T even apply for. It was one of these situations where my name was in the job bank, and they pulled it out. I was surprised and excited.

So I got to talking to one of my friends at work, and she had recently spoken to this principal about me. The conversation wasn't SPECIFICALLY about me, but my name came up. A few weeks later, I have an interview with her.

I was really excited about the position, but I told God it was in HIS hands. I wasn't worried or nervous about it. I just laid it all over to him. I was still hopeful, and I still wanted the job, but I left it up to him.

The interview went beautifully. I was confident in my answers and felt really good when I left.

Then it was the weekend, and we were gone. I barely even thought about the job.

Monday morning, as I'm walking in (later than usual) to school, I wondered to myself when I would hear about the job. I go into the office and I had a message. The principal was calling to let me know I had gotten the job!! I was ECSTATIC!!

So I am frantically running around trying to get everything in order for the job switch. I am letting the appropriate people know, and telling my family and friends. Things are going great. I am gathering as much information and as many resources as possible. Today I went over to the unit office to fill out some paperwork. When I got back to school I got a phone call from Brian.

He had heard from our caseworker. We are getting the sister permanently. It is not going to happen for a couple of months. We are going to do several more sibling visits so that she can get more used to us, but it is REALLY FINALLY happening! Everything is falling into place. When you truly trust God, he blesses you beyond your wildest imagination. Prayers have been answered in my life. Things I have been praying about for years. It was all for God's perfect timing.

I was beginning to think that I would never have a real teaching job. I was beginning to think that I would never have a real family. I thought I might never have a daughter. Could this be my family? Are these the children God meant for us all along? I will love and appreciate these children in a way that is different (not better or worse) than most can understand. When you desires something so badly for so long, it feels too good to be true when it all starts falling in place. How AWESOME is my God?!?

Lord, thank you for all the blessings that you have poured onto my family in the past few days. I am so undeserving, yet you provide nonetheless! You are AMAZING. Help me to continue trusting you for everything and giving it all to you!

4 comments:

  1. What great news:) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. And SO excited for you! Kerrie Parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel blessed by God just knowing how perfect His plans are in your life. Thank you for this testimony of faith! We are so happy for you! Praise GOD! ~Amber Vercler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God, Jenny. May He use you in this new position.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete