Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life Can Change On A Dime

Oh my! Life can change so abruptly that you wonder which way is up sometimes. 2 days ago I thought I had about 6 weeks to prepare for our new beautiful daughter. We were starting to talk about what we wanted to do in her room. I was making plans for daycare, and things were seeming to fall into place. On Monday, we had a visit with our caseworker and we found out that there were some complications with the timeline of the move. I can't go into all of the details on here, but basically he thought there MIGHT be a chance we would move her a little sooner than planned.

On Tuesday (yesterday), we get called from our caseworker that he wants to move our little girl THIS FRIDAY! While we are oober excited, we now have 2 days to prepare for her arrival (which by the way is more time, still, than we had to plan for the boys' arrival.) So I contacted the daycare, and they are able to get her in starting next week (phew!) We got the boys bunked together tonight, and I started putting all the clothes that my awesome sister-in-law gave us for her. Things are pretty much ready, but the room may not be quite as inviting as I wanted it to be for her arrival. The boys are SOO excited to have their sister in the same house as them.

Just when life seems to be settling down, a curve ball always seems to be thrown! I love it and wouldn't change a second of it.

On a side note, they boys spoke to their birth mom on Monday night also. I was trying to be open-minded to this, but deep in side I was still resistant to it. I told myself that if God didn't want to allow this phone call to happen, he would put a road block in the way. After the phone call, all I felt was sadness. My sadness was for their mom more than anything. The boys had to repeat themselves several times throughout the conversation, and it was just heartbreaking. Even though I don't think she could ever parent these 3 children, it is still sad to witness exactly what her limitations are.

Father, thank you so much for knowing what is best for us. Even though I resist, help me to obey your commands. Help me to honor you and do your will, and not what I think is best for me. You are my father, and you know what's best. Thank you for knowing the outcome even when I don't. Thank you for bearing the burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment