Friday, August 20, 2010

Faith in Foster Care...Again?

So, just when we are starting to adjust to being "empty nesters" as I like to call it, we get a call today. It's a foster care placement for 2 boys ages 5 and 6. The parental rights are not terminated, however mom is in jail. What does God want us to do here? There are so many questions that I would have asked if I took the call. Brian took the call, and he wasn't really interested at first, so he didn't ask a lot of questions.

Now, we will think about this all weekend and wonder if it is God's will for us to take these children or not. I am not one that can be tapped on the shoulder by God...I need to be knocked upside the head with a 2x4. The problem is that I am ALWAYS one to take in the "strays" that no one else wants. So sometimes my heart is already sold on an idea no matter what my head says.

God make it clear to us if this is your will. We will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment