Monday, August 16, 2010

God's Grace Revealed Again

So, ever since the kids left I have been feeling a little nervous. I work in education and this year there have been a ton of cuts. I was really concerned that I would not be called back to my position. I have been prayerful over the past week that God reveal his plan for me. We will lose the income from having the kids placed with us. To combine that with a loss of a job was almost unbearable for me. I have been trying really hard to cast my worry upon the Lord. Nevertheless, I have been losing sleep over the potential of not having a job.

So this morning, I was headed into the school to help a friend get her classroom ready. I was praying the whole way for God to show me what I need to do. During my drive, I received a possible job offer from a daycare where I used to work. It would only be part time, but that would be better than nothing. I loved the daycare I worked at, but it was not my passion. I have a passion for working in the school and co-teaching with a great friend. I someday even hope to have a classroom all of my own.

When I arrived at the school, I spoke to the principal and she had still not been given the authority to offer me the position. There was all this red tape about seniority. Bear in mind that teachers return to school in 3 days. After being at the school for less than an hour, and the whole time thinking about the potential job at the daycare, God made it clear that I needed to be in this classroom. I needed the job as much as my dear friend needed me. Long story short, my principal was given the go-ahead to offer me the position. God showed me where I needed to be and revealed his grace to me yet again.

Throughout my life there has been this pattern of me trying to "fix" things on my own and then God showing me that I need to rely on HIM! Knowing this is easy, but for me, giving up the control has always been difficult. I praise God for his grace! I praise him for blessing me even when I lack faith. My God is soooo good!

This has been a very difficult week, and I am so thankful that God knows the outcome even when I do not!

No comments:

Post a Comment