Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Children Who Hurt

I wish I could be there for every child who is hurting and in need of someone to love them. I see it on the faces of children that I work with at school.
...........so desperate for approval
.................in need of a hug
........................crying out for attention

I do what I can to be there for these kids, but what they go home to I have no control over. What I can control is the time I have with them and the time I have with my own children. My boys are so desperate to see there sister. I have been doing everything in my power to make that connection. I truly hope it works out this weekend, but I just don't know. This has always been my frustration with foster care. As good as intentions are, things fall through. Getting these 2 boys to see their sister is NOT a priority for most people. We've tried calling the aunt directly and going through the caseworker...no success. Maybe this time will be different.

Tonight they get to go see "Miss Mary." She is wonderful and the boys really look forward to these visit times. I just pray that this also goes through. The boys have been so deeply hurt and they deal with it through laughter. We find them laughing about things that are totally not laughing matters. It breaks my heart.

Lord help your light shine through me and into these boys. They are thirsty for love and knowledge of your word. Help them know you like I know you. Let them lean on you when their hearts are aching.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, may God help you through this. May you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and not judge those who are so twisted that they hurt the innocent. God will handle them.

    That's a horrible reality.

    Will be swamped with two deadlines but hope you can stop by my place occasionally and give a quick update!

    Blessings,
    P

    ReplyDelete