Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Love of Children

I am so excited to have the boys' sister here for the weekend. She is just as sweet as pie and cute as a button. I was nervous as to how she would be coming home with me, but she just hopped in the van and was happy as a clam. She slept almost the whole way to our house. When the boys got home from school they were sooo excited. They gave her hugs and it was like they had never been apart. They doted all over her and made her feel really special.

We went to the corn maze later that evening and they had so much fun. They played together and they boys definitely made her a part of it. This morning when they woke up, they went right back to playing again. It is so nice that they can just pick up right where they left off.

It breaks my heart that our weekend is going to have to come to an end. Why can't they be together? It is so not fair (I know, I sound like a whiney teenager!) So, I did the only thing I could, the best thing to do in situations that are tough. I gave it to my God!

Lord, if it is your will, soften the hearts of those involved to see that being together is what these three children need. Through you, all things are possible. Nothing I can do or say will change this situation. But YOU can do anything. Only your will, Lord.

2 comments: